Sunday 28 October 2012

Search of Meaning

When I was doing my MSc degree, one of my flatmates decided to carry on her studies with a PhD in philosophy for the following year. The subject she chose was "Meaning of Life"

At the time, that looked like a very abstract topic to me, I remember even making a joke about whether she would really be able to carry on this topic for so long and if she would be able to really write a thesis on that.
The thought came through my perception of philosophy at the time as a salad of words.

Over 10 years later, I have been thinking about this a lot and in fact how good idea she had followed in her early 20s.

And my opinion on keeping the meaning is based on the core: principles, ethics, humanism. As long as what you do can reconcile to those three, you do keep the meaning, at least for me.